Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Break in the Adventure: Fort Myers

I am sitting in the hotel room as Mike works on finishing some homework and thought I would update you on our excursions through Fort Myers! 

So far, we have visited the summer homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford, which were absolutely gorgeous! We went from there to the Southwest Florida Museum of History, which has a great Civil War exhibit. We at lunch as The Oasis restaurant, a local diner. Food wasn't to bad there and you could tell it was popular with the locals. Saw some manatees in a park after that, which were so great! I just love manatees! We had a chocolate shop on the list next, but we took a pit stop at a brewery I found on twitter, Fort Myers Brewing company, on twitter at @fmbrew. Got a couple good beers there and picked up a gallon growler for later. We then stopped by Norman Love Chocolate and got some truffles, which look and taste amazing!!! They also had a gelato shop, so why not get some of that.

What's next? An evening at Fort Myers Beach! 

For more up to date info on our travels, follow me on twitter! I am @lady_aurora 

No comments:

Post a Comment