Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2015

Officially a Floridian!

It is now official! As of Friday, I am a full, 100% Floridian! I have lived here for 2 and a half years and for a majority of that time, I have had a FL drivers license, however my car has always had Delaware tags. That all changed on Friday with my visit to the DMV.

For those who are registering a car in FL, here are some tips:

- It does cost about $400 to register, make sure to have that with you. Also, plan on paying in cash or a personal check, those don't cost any fees, unlike credit cards which have 2% added.

- You will have to register every year, however after the first year, you can do it online. It will expire on your birthday each year.

- Make sure you have your proof of FL car insurance with you, you cannot register without it.

- If the car is older than 10 years (like my Wheels), you do not need the VIN and Odometer verification paperwork. If your odometer reading is good for the car's age though, it doesn't hurt to put in on the title.

If you are getting your license done also, don't forget to bring two proofs of your current address. I had almost forgot mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment